Friday, September 9, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Janet Garber

Janet Garber

Tell me about yourself, Janet ?

Janet Garber, PhD dropout, loves listening to live blues and folk music, hiking in the “Gunks” with hubby, mixing up weird ingredients, and solving puzzles.  Her publishing history includes articles and essays for major U.S. newspapers, trade journals, and mainstream magazines, book and movie reviews for online magazines, one non-fiction book, as well as short stories and poetry in a score of literary journals. Her comic debut novel, Dream Job, Wacky Adventures of an HR Manager, http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Melie5, has just been released. Curious? Visit her on www.janetgarber.com.

Tell me about your current Book:

When her year-long commuter crush, Ponytail Man, reveals himself to be a repulsive slug and her worklife becomes ever more chaotic, Melie must strike out into uncharted territory to find a life of her own. If she fails, she’ll be one more sad and lonely woman in the metropolis cuddling up to a mechanical toy.

Melie Kohl, beleaguered manager in Human Resources, struggles to keep order at the out-of-control Axis Mundi Medical Center, which is swarming with buttock-grabbing doctors, hebephrenic staff and monstrous bosses. Her unorthodox methods cause her to run into a little murder here, some cancer there, a handsome devil and rivals, not all of whom are human, like Gladys, the first parrot-woman gladiator. She’s just turned forty; now is her time. You know Melie won’t give up until she has sorted it all out – the hunk, the macaw and her life’s work.

What are you working on now?

Now that I’ve gotten my first novel out of the bottom drawer and into the world, I’m thinking about another featuring an American woman and her French husband living/slugging it out in Paris in the 70’s. Or first I might pull together an anthology of my short stories. And there’s always my kiddie stories. And let’s not forget poetry. The important thing is to keep writing, and if I can exorcize a few old demons, so much the better!

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

Hard to say. I like sitting in my pj’s in front of my PC with my calico cat on my right; I don’t mind writing longhand in Panera’s; I even like tapping out ideas or whole articles into my phone. Oh, I know! I like jumping out of bed in early morning to jot down some amazing phrase from the dream I’ve just had.

What is your favorite Website?

www.janetgarber.com of course

Links:

EMAIL: scribbles35@gmail.com   
LULU: http://www.lulu.com/shop/janet-garber/dream-job-wacky-adventures-of-an-hr-manager/ebook/product-22609320.html
AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Job-Wacky-Adventures-Manager-ebook/dp/B01DK0R4VE/
BARNES & NOBLE: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dream-job-janet-garber/1123645078?ean=9781483447476
BLOG: www.janetgarber.com
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Janet-Garber-105382446252462/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
TWITTER: @melie5
LINKED IN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/janet-garber-02035010?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment