|Light at the end of 2017|
So here is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from 2017.
On the Blogging front:
- I posted every day at min. Twice sometimes. 376 times.
- I read a lot of books.
- I interviewed a lot of authors.
- I wrote 52 more comics.
- I did lots of quotes.
- I posted a lot of things that inspired me.
- I even posted a few tips.
- I did several book signings.
- I attended conferences about writing.
- I attended a weekly writers group.
- I expanded TannhauserPress.com.
- I focused more on the business side of writing.
- I Tweeted a lot. But not BUY MY BOOK constantly!
- I produced and published another Audio Book.
- I hired a firm to build a new website/platform/brand.
Writing in 2017:
- I wrote stories for three anthologies.
- I wrote two more novels.
- I wrote 17 chapters in my personal memoir.
- I wrote 5 original ghost stories.
- I outlined my next three novels.
- I documented ideas and concepts for about 400 more projects.
- I wrote 15 original short stories (unpublished).
- I wrote almost daily until things got complicated...
Personal life had too many monkey wrenches:
- My Brother Carl died suddenly from cancer.
- My Son moved to California, and we had a great, but bittersweet, cross-country road trip.
- My wife fell down the stairs and horribly broke her leg. (She's fine now)
- All these monkey wrenches were necessary distractions from writing.
- My next novel SHADOWS OF THE SENTINEL is two months behind schedule.
It wasn't all bad news:
- I began a fitness plan in 2017, and it's working for once!
- I have lost over 100 pounds total so far.
- I have not been this thin/healthy since 1976.
- Book sales have skyrocketed.
- I have met significant financial goals in my life.
- I plan to become a full-time Author in 2018.
- I have family and friends that love me. Old and new.
I have High Hopes for 2018:
- I will have two or three novels to be published.
- I will appear in three or four anthologies.
- I will transition to Full-Time author. (I wonder if my boss reads this?)
- I will become super fit!
- I will spend more time outdoors.
- I will camp more.
- I will travel a bit more.
- I will relax and enjoy my shoes...