Tuesday, December 28, 2021
It’s that time of year when I look back and do the year in review.
I accomplished a lot of stuff this year. More in some areas than I expected and less in others.
- I produced 2 audiobooks.
- I wrote 3 novels.
- I published 1 book (another is only weeks away).
- I wrote 6 short stories.
- I lost 30 pounds (gained 20 back in the last month during the holidays).
- I traveled A LOT more. (I even visited both my adult children finally).
- I went camping several times, even solo.
- I built things that made my home more excellent.
- I helped several fellow authors publish.
- I continued my weekly podcast on YouTube.
- I read 81 books. (paper, kindle, and audio)
- I took Tai Chi and Guitar Classes.
- I had my first Book Signing in 18 months.
- I listened to music I love every day.
- I made new friends.
- I donated Blood 4 times.
- I planted many trees.
- I said "I Love You" at least a thousand times.
--I'll call this year a win.
Saturday, December 18, 2021
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Monday, December 6, 2021
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
A writer always thinks the last version of his novel is best, until he reads it again.
Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader's.
Don't be a writer. Be writing.
When asked to whom a writer should provide servitude (critics, editors, publishers, the public, etc.), Jack London replied: "Beauty is the only master to serve."
The time to begin writing a story is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.
Remember to get the weather in your damn book — weather is very important.
If your book doesn't keep you up nights writing it, it won't keep anyone up nights reading it.
—James A. Michener
The work is hard, the perks are few, the pay is terrible, and the product, when it’s finally finished, is pure joy.
—Mary Lee Settle
The more you read, the more you will write. The better the stuff you read, the better the stuff you will write.