Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday Tips: What do I Write

Some people think they can analyze the market and then author a book in the popular genre of the day.

I believe those people are wrong. Don't do that. Don't write a 50 Shades book because that thing is making bank. Please. Don't.

I recommend that you write the kind of novel that you love to read. I write Science Fiction and Fantasy. I read 100 of those stories a year.

Writing the kind of stories I like to read allows me to be original and lets my delight shine through.

I recommend you write the book just for yourself. Make yourself laugh, cry, make yourself afraid or hopeful or fall in love. If you don't feel it, the audience won't either.

Writing the kind of stories you love will increase the odds that you actually finish it.

--Finish things...


No comments:

Post a Comment