Friday, August 4, 2017

The Fast Friday Interviews: D. Fischer

D. Fischer

Tell me about yourself, D.

Well . . . I’m a mom of two little boys and a wife to a supportive husband. We live in Iowa and the most you see here is corn...rows and rows of it.

Growing up as the middle child with eight other siblings, I’ve become extremely adept at negotiations, which turns out to be pretty damn useful when you have toddlers - they have this obsession with colors, you see, and I have yet to figure out why. I once sat and waited for a thirty minute tantrum to subside . . . all over the color of towel I gave my son after a bath. I’m convinced this is when the grey hairs started sprouting out of my head like daisies.

My passion is writing, but I have many hobbies (learning new things is sort of my thing) - I pretend I can garden, but I mainly water the weeds / I’m an adventure seeker and dutifully check things off my bucket list every chance I get / I love to take pictures, but am by no means professional / I run, because I like to cook and bake (someone has to eat all that food, ya know) / I have this weird obsession with people watching. Yes, this is totally a hobby. It’s such an obsession that I spent four months teaching myself about Micro-expression. I can go on and on about this topic, but your eyes will glaze over. I love to see how people tick and watch as their face gives away everything they are thinking, even if their mouth says the opposite. My husband hates it - he can’t lie about who ate the last of my mint cookies.

My biggest pet peeve is smacking your food. I can’t function properly if your mouth is making all that noise.


Tell me about your current Book:

I just finished a short story prequel to my first book in The Cloven Pack Series. It will actually be relaunched in August, along with my first book in the series, in addition to publishing a second book in the series.

Caught in the Crossfire is a short story of the of the Pack’s past. At this time, they’re under the care of a sadistic Alpha. The book takes you through the twists and turns as the Pack tries to find a way to overthrow him. Will they find a way to rid themselves of this burden, or will a life have to be sacrificed to save another? You’ll have to read to find out. I’m not giving it all away.

I have yet to announce the new covers, so you all are the FIRST to see it:

What are you working on now?

Right now, I’m working on the third book in the series, Above This Grave. I’m about halfway done with it. It’s quite dark and twisty, which is a new one for me. I’m loving it, but it’s taking awhile to finish - this is the last book in the series and is longer than the rest. This series will branch out into another series, so I’ve had to start planning that one as well.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

I sit outside and type away in a lawn chair. There seems to always be a T.V. on inside the house, which is fine, but I have such a short attention span and my husband ALWAYS finds a Marvel movie. I’m a Marvel movie junky. So, I sit outside with the birds, rabid squirrels, and the persistent mosquitoes. I don’t know where the hell I’m going to write in the winter.

What is your favorite lesson you have learned about the business of writing?

There isn’t a favorite. I swear to you, every damn day I learn something new. It’s so complex and I’ve noticed that technology has passed me by. Many, many times I’ve fantasized about throwing my laptop out the window, lighting it on fire, and dancing arounds the flames. The Author world isn’t rainbows and sunshine all day, every day, folks. It takes more work after a book is written, than it is to actually write it.

What is your favorite Website?

If you check my browsing history, it’s going to be google. I google everything. Random thoughts, writing research, odd questions. Did you know that flamingos are pink because of what they eat?
My history is full of odd google searches. I research so many topics, that sometimes, I feel the need to email the FBI and tell them I’m not a murderer or terrorist. Once, I spent a whole day researching about torture techniques (not the funnest thing to research - people are so inventive now-a-days). My books may be Paranormal Romance, but by no means are they ‘fluffy’.


Links:

Email: dfischerauthor@gmail.com
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/D.-Fischer/e/B07253Q5N8/
Blog: dfischerauthor.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018738705428
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DFischerAuthor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16805105.D_Fischer

No comments:

Post a Comment