Friday, March 31, 2017

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: TR Dillon

TR Dillon

Tell me about yourself TR!

I am allergic to bios, so I tend to make them short.  My standard one-liner is that I am a writer who lives and works in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.  I am a proud husband and father.  I also am a published poet in addition to my indie-published stories, which include the YA sci-fi series The Hall of Brains, currently at three volumes.  I’ve indie-published various novellas, novelettes, short stories and flash fiction.

On a personal note, I’ve traveled the world and nearly died in Fiji once, and I love France and especially Paris, even with the recent strife.  I love ballet but hate opera.  I am a practicing lawyer, and I was the only witness when Antonin Scalia was sworn in as a circuit court judge a long, long time ago.  I own a Wayne Gretzy rookie card.  And I am a proud member of the Hourlings Writers’ Group in Northern Virginia.

As for my attached photo, please look at it carefully.  See the dot in the middle?  Stare at it.  I mean, really hard.  Now if the lines start to curve and bend, my image will begin to come into focus.  If the lines stay straight, then your eyesight is normal and I do not exist.

Tell me about your current book.

My most recent publication from last December is Burn Boy And Other Stories.  You’ve heard of steampunk, right?  Well, the title story, a novella, invents turbine-punk.  It’s an agrarian, horse-and-buggy world – with turbines!  I know it sounds bizarre, but it works.  Burn Boy also exhibits my strange fascination with arranged marriages and tragic stories that cannot possibly have a truly happy ending.  The publication also contains The Yahweh Project, a novelette which is perhaps the most original time travel story ever written (a bold claim, I know, but true).  You can buy this publication on Amazon and Kindle.

What are you working on Now?

I am now working on a sci-fi novella entitled Mr. Baley.  It’s an android story that explores themes such as man’s inhumanity to man, the meaning of life, what does God want from us, the limits of hatred, love without sex – and that’s just the prologue!  The story will either move you to tears or you won’t finish it.  Those are the only two outcomes.

I write my stories and poems from a recliner in a tiny office in the basement of my house.  Due to a water accident some years back, the carpeting is gone, so it’s just bare concrete.  I have crammed the space with personal effects and mementos.  And I have a cat named Cheezit who tries to stop me from writing at prearranged intervals throughout the day.

If you’re writing a story, the most important chapter is the one you’re drafting right now.  No, seriously.  I know all chapters aren’t created equal.  Some are more important than others.  Like the one where the hero faces enormous adversity, or the girl realizes she loves the boy, or the villain dies.  But don’t short-change the other chapters or it will come back to haunt you.  The running back can’t score the winning touchdown if the nameless faceless right guard slips and falls.

What is your favorite website?

My favorite website is mogoblog.com.  I am a proud alumnus of the University of Michigan, class of something or other.  Go Blue!

My website is under construction, which means my blog does not yet exist, which means you will have to wait some weeks further to hear my views on U.S. politics, my health, my family, and Cheezit.

Links:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/TR-Dillon/e/B00WFBYNUA/



No comments:

Post a Comment