Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tuesday Tips: NANOWRIMO

I know I am a bit late to talk about National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo.

You are about half way through. If you follow the strict schedule to get to 50,000 words you should be about 25,000 words in. At least that's what most people say.

You are probably discouraged. You made the mistake of going back and reading what you wrote and it's probably shit.  You don't have enough experience yet to understand that every first draft is shit.

He is something they never tell you. If you focus on word count your story will suffer.

Every month is NaNoWriMo in my world. I average about 40,000 words a month. Not including blogging, forums, or email. I have published about 500,000 words so far. It's a good start.

A start.

If you want to be a good writer. An Author. You must keep writing. Make every month NaNoWriMo. The more you write the less shit you will write...

--I hope to not be shit one day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment