Friday, October 7, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Anna Chant

Anna Chant

Tell me about yourself, Anna?

I’m a freelance writer, tutor and mother of three from the English Riviera. I studied history at the University of Sheffield, giving me a lifelong passion for the subject. I have particularly fallen in love with the European Dark Ages – that fabulous period where legend and history collide. Earlier this year I published ‘Kenneth’s Queen’, a tale of the rise of power of Kenneth Mac Alpin, told from the point of view of the unknown woman who must have been at his side. The often unrecorded and uncelebrated women of the Dark Ages hold a real fascination for me and I aim to tell the stories of as many as possible!

Tell me about your current Book: 

The Girl from Brittia
When she finds herself cast aside, Princess Edlin of the Suff Anglii, Daughter of the Wolf of Wotan must lead an army overseas , or else her life may prove worthless.

Meet Procopius’s Island Girl, Britain’s greatest unsung heroine!

From the mysteries of the sixth century, discover a story that has it all – a beautiful, brave princess, several handsome princes, the wickedest of wicked step-mothers, an ambitious king, superstition, curses and environmental catastrophe!

The Girl from Brittia – As a high ranking Wolf Child of Wotan, Edlin sets high standards in her expectations of a husband. Her dismissal of all possible suitors has her family in despair.

A Varni Prince – Radigis and his family live in fear of their powerful Frank neighbours over the River Rhine. He is desperate to make an alliance that will keep his people safe.

When Edlin and Radigis meet on the shores of Suffolk, it is love at first sight and their future seems bright. But when Radigis returns home to prepare for his bride’s arrival, he finds sinister events are afoot. The might of the Frank King Theudebert and his beautiful sister Theodechilde force him into a heart breaking decision.

Back in Brittia, Edlin must survive disgrace and danger greater than she has ever known. And as disaster spreads across both lands, she reaches a fateful decision of her own. With the support of her devoted brother Wehha, she realises she must take drastic action to have any hope of the happiness she deserves.

What are you working on now?

I have just started on a timeline of another Dark Age Woman – a princess who marries often and takes a firm hand in shaping her own destiny.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

I do nearly all my writing on the family computer in my dining room. But I wrote part of The Girl from Brittia while on holiday in the place where a large part of the story is set – that was magical!

What is your favorite Website?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/ I love reading the stories and forums on Unexplained Mysteries. I usually end up scaring myself witless!

Links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B01E46V162
                 http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B01E46V162
Blog: https://darkagevoices.wordpress.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/darkagevoices
Twitter: @anna_chant
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15188873.Anna_Chant

No comments:

Post a Comment