Sunday, March 30, 2014

Quotes of the Week

“One should never use exclamation points in writing. It is like laughing at your own joke.”
― Mark Twain

“If I fall asleep with a pen in my hands, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams.”
― Terri Guillemets

“Revenge is a dish best served published!”
― Lisa Kovanda

“Creativity - like human life itself - begins in darkness”
― Julia Cameron

“But in the wake of 'Bullet,' all the guys wanted to know was, 'How's it doing? How's it selling?' How to tell them I didn't give a flying fuck how it was doing in the marketplace, that what I cared about was how it was doing in the reader's heart?”
― Stephen King

“Writing is hard work, not magic. It begins with deciding why you are writing and whom you are writing for. What is your intent? What do you want the reader to get out of it? What do you want to get out of it. It's also about making a serious time commitment and getting the project done.”
― Suze Orman

No comments:

Post a Comment