Sunday, March 2, 2014

Quotes of the Week

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

“I write for the same reason I breathe ... because if I didn't, I would die.”
― Isaac Asimov

“The hard part about writing a novel is finishing it.”
― Ernest Hemingway

“The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible”
― Vladimir Nabokov

“The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.”
― Emily Dickinson

“How do I know what I think until I see what I say?”
― E.M. Forster

“I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.”
― Peter De Vries

“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment