Sunday, March 23, 2014

Quotes of the Week

“I count myself as one of the number of those who learn as they write and write as they learn.”
― John Piper

“Writing. Opening a vein in your wrist with a spoon.”
― Ann-Marie MacDonald

“A critic is a man created to praise greater men than himself, but he is never able to find them.”
― Richard Le Gallienne

“I wonder sometimes if the motivation for writers ought to be contempt, not admiration.”
― Orson Scott Card

“I went to college, but I learned to write by reading and writing.”
― Daniel Pinkwater

“Don't worry about meaning. If a story's any good, it can't help but have meaning. Let the PhDs tell you what your story means.”
― William Kittredge

“People say that writers write for money. From my own experience that's not true. I write for me. I publish for money.”
― Greg Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment