Friday, February 24, 2017

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Alberto Pupo

Alberto Pupo

Tell me about yourself, Alberto?

Born and raised in Miami Florida lived there and in Orlando FL for almost 30 years. Before relocating Maryland in 2013. Currently residing in Frederick MD with my Wife and three children. I have always had a longtime passion for writing since the tender age of 13 however life happened and I tried for many years to pursue a career in law., ultimately life throws many curve balls and I became burnt out with the “traditional path” and chose the path of the starving artist! Alas, here I stand hoping to someday make it big!  One can dream. right?

Tell me about your current Book:

Time Trigger is based around the year 2474. 10% of the population is born with the ability to time travel, the other 90% must learn it from those with the gift (if they feel like sharing!). Our protagonist Connor Walker is an employee at a massive Entertainment Conglomerate called The Network (actually the only entertainment conglomerate which controls all entertainment and art)

Connor is basically sick of them, so being a natural born time traveler he decides to go back and alter time so that he can ensure to keep the arts and entertainment free from their clutches! However, the only way to do this is to find… yes, a Time Trigger. This is a random event somewhere in the time stream which is the only way that time can be altered. However, these events are random and there is little instruction on how to find one.

Connor does eventually find a way… however changing things will have unintended consequences.

What are you working on now?    

I am currently working on a science fiction trilogy called the Silberian Chronicles. The first part of it will be published hopefully later this yea

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?   

I do all my writing on a laptop setup on the main floor of my home, not the ideal spot but the only spot I have so beggars can’t be choosers.

What is your favorite lesson you have learned about the business of writing?        

I have learned that this business is impossible… Actually the most important take away is that one needs to wear many hats in today’s business, you need to be a writer as well as a promoter so it’s not just a matter of sitting back and waiting for magical things to happen.

What is your favorite Website?   

Honestly when it comes to websites I really don’t have a favorite now that I think on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment