Here is a set of common items all the submissions must include:
- The stories will be set after the Zombie Apocalypse has occurred. It could be the day it hit or a year later. The stories are from various locations around the country.
- No one knows why or how it happened. None of the stories will solve that mystery.
- Anyone that dies for any reason will become a zombie. The dead will turn Two to Ten minutes after they die, even if they were not bit.
- Zombies can only be killed with the destruction of the brain.
- The zombies dry out and mummify the older they get.
- Zombies hear and see and smell to find prey. It’s all they do.
- They will eat any mammal they can catch. Cats, dogs, rats, cows, horses, deer.
- Zombies get slower the older they get. Fresh ones can run and fight hard. Old zombies are shamblers.
- Zombie bites will not kill you outright. You die in 24 to 48 hours. Symptoms include sweating, extreme thirst, eventually fear of water (like rabies: Hydrophobia).
- These stories should be character driven and about survival.
- Stories will take place in a variety of places: Urban, suburban and rural. Even desolate places. The focus is on survival.
- Stories should be 5,000 to 20,000 words.
- Authors will be paid between $25 and $100 per story if accepted, with signed agreement.
- All submissions are to be delivered in MSWord format. Basic Italics and Bold are the only additional formatting used. Garamond 12 will be used. Scene changes will be separated by “ *** ”.
- WHISPERS of the APOC will be Rated R.
- The target soft deadline for this is sometime in September 2017.
- The amount of interest has already ensured they will be a Volume 2! So screw the deadline. Keep them coming!
UPDATE: We are doing a Volume 2! Keep Submitting!
--Please direct any questions to Martin Wilsey, email@example.com