Thursday, February 1, 2024

Reading habits are changing.

When I published my first novel, Science Fiction was the second most popular genre with regard to sales. It was not a conscious decision to write them based on popularity. I just wrote what I like to read.

Every now and then I look at the trends in sales. Indie authors are becoming way more mainstream. Also notable is that Mystery/Thrillers has become the #1 genre.


In terms of fiction book sales, the most popular genres currently are: 

  1. mystery/thriller, 
  2. romance, 
  3. science fiction/fantasy, 
  4. young adult. 
These genres have a wide readership and consistently perform well in terms of sales. However, it's important to note that popularity can vary depending on factors such as region and individual preferences. 



No comments:

Post a Comment