Friday, March 4, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Tyler Harris

Tell me about you?

I was born in Boston, Massachusetts. I grew up in Arizona, where I studied Athletic Training and Philosophy. Currently I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan, where I study Psychology, teach athletic training classes, and provide sports medicine coverage around the community. I’ve been writing journals, music lyrics, and books since I was in elementary school. I hope to keep that passion fueled as I continue with my studies and career.

Tell me about your current Book:

When aliens visit, not to invade, but bearing a gift of possible immortality, a family man from Chicago must hope that the effects are as suggested, or else they may be caught in the most complex military coup in the history of mankind.

It is difficult to imagine a story about zombies, vampires, or aliens that has not already been told many times over. Immortal Peace, however, puts a twist on the common genre of science fiction by combining the elements of multiple well-known concepts. This story follows Mario Ramirez, a family man in Chicago, as he and his family witness the world erupt when aliens appear on Earth, not with a warning of waging war, but with a peace offering. The Gift is a promising medicinal panacea. When scientists first study the vaccine, they immediately find the potential value of the drug. Unbeknownst to the world, this medicine has some latent adverse side effects that are in no way beneficial. Now the world must wonder whether the gift is a genuine act of kindness, or possibly the most complex military coup known to mankind.

What are you working on now?

I’m currently working on a post-apocalypse, dystopian story. What will make it unique is the mechanism by which the world ends. I spend more time researching and brainstorming than actually writing, but I think that will make it a well-written project.

What is your favorite beverage while you write?

Besides water, I’m excited to try Zombie Killer. It’s a hard cider, and considering my love for anything scie-fi (specifically zombies), I can imagine it becoming my favorite drink.

What is your favorite Website?

www.historyvshollywood.com. History vs. Hollywood takes movies that are based on true stories and checks the facts, then compares the two stories and answers some of the questions many viewers may have after watching the movie or TV show. I like fact checking, and finding out just how much the truth is stretched— or maintained—in most movies.

Links:

Email: tylersharris@tylersharris.com
Amazon: Immortal Peace
Facebook: www.facebook.com/author.tyler.s.harris

No comments:

Post a Comment