Friday, March 11, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Daniel M. Quilter

Daniel M. Quilter

Tell me about yourself, Daniel?

I was born and raised in Orem, Utah. It’s a pretty average sized city placed right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, so I grew a deep love for outdoor activities from a young age. Every summer was spent outside hiking, camping, rock climbing, and doing pretty much anything else I could get away with going up into the mountains to do. The thing about Utah though, is that while summers in the mountains are great, winters are cold and snowy. I loved snowboarding, but it was expensive, and I didn’t pick it up until I was older. So from a young age, I had a lot of time spent indoors during the winter. That’s when I learned to love reading. I tore through the Shannara books and the Lord of the Rings and countless other stories during my childhood. Nothing else could fascinate me quite like a well plotted storyline.

Although I’ve been an avid reader since childhood, I didn’t try my hand at writing until my early twenties. At the time my girlfriend, now wife, had gone out of the country for a few months. That left me alone, and bored. As I wallowed in boredom I spent some time talking with my brother who told me that he was planning on writing a book. I’ve always been competitive with my brothers, so when he mentioned his book plans my first thought was “I could write a way better book than him.” So I gave it a shot, and found that I absolutely love writing.

Tell me about your current Book:

When the heir to the Human Empire is taken by an agent of the religious empire of the Mystics, a snarky former Mystic with a dark secret must overcome his tragic past and save the stolen princess, or else billions of innocent people will die as the king of the Mystics forwards his nefarious plot.

Write the verbose blurb. Make me want to rush to Amazon and buy it! Make me fear that I will be socially outcast if I don’t read your book!
Vhy’Rai, the power of the gods, was gifted to the Mystics with three restrictions:
  1. Restoring life to the dead is forbidden.
  2. Vhy’Rai may not be used to take the life of another.
  3. No soul shall be divided.
Those who dare to commit one of these taboos become immortal, but the immortality of one comes at a cost to many.

As the galaxy is torn apart by war between the religious empire of the Mystics and the technologically advanced Human Empire, Drake Ashbell finds himself caught up in a conflict that will take him to distant worlds, make him face his tragic past, and test the limits of his soul.
 

What are you working on now?

Right now I’m working on multiple books. The first will be the first book in a new young adult fantasy series. The book will be called “The Key to the Demon’s Gate.” It will be released this July. The second will be the sequel to “A Soul Divided.” The title is “Taking Life.” It will be released in November.

What is your favorite beverage while you write?

Honestly, I just really love to keep a water bottle with me. Water is good stuff.

What is your favorite Website?

I love www.howstuffworks.com. I can spend hours on that website just checking out the basic mechanics of everyday machines. It’s kind of a weird fascination of mine.

Links:

Email: danielmquilter@gmail.com
Amazon: A Soul Divided 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/danielmquilter/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dquilter6

No comments:

Post a Comment