Tuesday, January 30, 2024

It's Book Blurbin Time!

I just sent my latest novel to the editor, and my next task is to write the book blurb.  

Hook the Reader: Start with a captivating opening line that grabs the reader's attention and makes them want to know more.

Highlight the Main Character(s): Introduce the main characters and give a glimpse into their personalities or motivations. This helps the reader connect with the story.

Convey the Conflict: Clearly convey the central conflict or dilemma of the story. This creates intrigue and makes the reader want to find out how it is resolved.

Keep it concise: Keep the blurb short and to the point, focusing on the most important aspects of the story. Avoid giving away too much information or spoilers.

Formula: When [INCITING INCIDENT OCCURS], a [SPECIFIC PROTAGONIST] must [OBJECTIVE], or else [STAKES].

By following these tips, I hope to create a compelling book blurb that entices readers to pick up my book and dive into the world I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment