Friday, August 14, 2020

The Fast Friday Interviews: Kelly Blanchard

Kelly Blanchard

Tell me about yourself, Kelly.

I'm originally from Texas, but now I live in Florida. Dodging hurricanes--fun stuff. I am the author of the Chronicles of Lorrek series, which is a blend of fantasy and science fiction. I'm married to an EMT, and he has proven a wonderful resource when I need to injure or kill a character, but he tries his best to save as many characters as possible.

Tell me about your current Book: 

I just released the last book in the Chronicles of Lorrek series titled, 'This Ends Now'. Everything that has been building up in the last eight books all comes to a head now, and sorcerer Prince Lorrek has many difficult decisions to make as he tries to fend off invaders of his homeworld.

When his actions inadvertently results in his homeworld being invaded and taken over, Sorcerer Prince Lorrek must learn to embrace the darkness within himself, or else he will lose everything and everyone he knows and loves.

What are you working on now? 

Currently, I am working on the second book in the series the immediately follows the Chronicles of Lorrek.

Tell us something that people don't generally know about you: 

I am legally blind in my right eye.

What is a favorite lesson you have learned about the business of writing? 

Hmm, favorite lesson...good question. As a rule, I don't do favorites, so it's hard to say. I guess basically it is that the writing community is very supportive and encouraging of one another, and that is very nice.

What is the best piece of writing advice you give to new authors? 

My advice is more like a reminder--there are no rules for writing. One person may say that they must do this or that, and someone else will say to do something quite the contrary. The truth is, you can do whatever you want. Sure, grammar and spelling rules are important, but other than that, have fun and figure out what works best for you because what works for someone else may not work for you. You need to figure out what works best for you and your own writing style.

Links:

Email

contact@kellannetta.com

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0881YRYS6

Website

www.kellannetta.com

Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MusesRealm

Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/AuthorKellyBlanchard

Twitter

https://twitter.com/kellannetta

No comments:

Post a Comment