Friday, June 24, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Kelsey Jensen

Kelsey Jensen

Tell me about yourself, Kelsey!

I'm a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister (little and big), and an aunt. I'm a romance hoarder (seriously, 2500+ and counting on my kindle. I'll have to read till I die and beyond to finish my TBR). I'm an amateur baker, an experimental cook, a Bob Seger groupie and a die-hard fan of all things leather, fringe, silver, classy, and full of sparkles.

I grew up the only girl in my family and, because of the age difference between us kids, I turned to books and barbies for enjoyment. That is, when I wasn't horsing around the cul-de-sac with the neighborhood kids.

My love for reading and creating stories only grew from there.

As I got older, I got more involved with sports (mainly golf and softball), friends, boys, (duh!) but that never stopped me from enjoying books, or from making up background stories for my barbies, and then later the sims in my game.

Summer of '15, I found myself at a point where one character wouldn't let me keep her story quiet.

Anna came to me while I was mowing, of all things, and she wouldn't stop until I put her story down. While giving Anna and Jake their HEA, they introduced me to all the awesome people in their lives. And because I'm a sucker for a HEA, I'll be assisting every one (that wants it of course) in finding their own happily ever after.

But, when I'm not lost in the world of Willowbrook and all it's inhabitants, or exploring a new planet, I can be found deep in the world of other authors, trying out my baking skills on family and friends, learning, then tweaking, new recipes from the Food Network, immersing myself in good music, relaxing and cackling with the people close to me, or disappearing as I binge watch seasons in a day on Netflix.

Tell me about your current Book:

Short version? It’s the love story of Anna Pierce and Jake Taylor.

Official synopsis:

It all began with a choice...

Anna Pierce had, by all accounts, a blessed life. She grew up in a home full of laughter, love, and support. Where the biggest problem she faced (other than how to deal with her family's crazy antics) was deciding her plans for college. Little did she know the ugly path her choice would drag her down.

A choice that left her free-falling...

Fast forward five years. Her life still held that same laughter, love and support, but it was no longer full. A shadow hung overhead, waiting. Always threatening.

Until he caught her...

Jake Taylor stormed into her life and turned her world upside down. He made her feel things she'd hidden away from; made her face life again. But, most importantly, he helped her find the light.

And gave her happily ever after...

*This book contains adult content (lots of swearing, some drinking, and some sexy times) and is intended for readers 18 and older*

**This is book one in a series, but each book will be a STANDALONE with a new couple. NO cliffhanger**


What are you working on now?

Right now I’m finishing up with my first novel, Pierce My Heart. I’ve also started on a sci-fi romance as well as a PNR, but I’ve got about three other stories running ‘round in my head at the moment. I’m not sure who will win the fight and be next.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

So far the only place I write is my room. I do my best writing at night, or when the house is dead silent and I have no distractions.

What is your favorite Website?

Oh boy, um…
Google.
Google gives me EVERYTHING.

Links:

Email: keljauthor@gmail.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kelseyjauthor/
Website: http://kelseyjensenauthor.weebly.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KelseyJensenAuthorPage
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KelseyJAuthor
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/KelseyJAuthor/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/KelseyJAuthor
Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/17510170-kelsey-s-happily-ever-after?page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment