Friday, June 17, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Chantal Gadoury

Chantal Gadoury

Tell me about yourself?

Chantal Gadoury is a young author who currently resides near the beaches of Delaware, though originally from the country side of Muncy, PA. She shares a home with her two cats, Theo and Harper, and her fiancé Robert. Chantal enjoys to paint in her spare time, drink a good cup of coffee when she can and appreciates watching her favorite Disney classics with loved ones. When she’s not busy crafting or reading, Chantal is dedicated to her family at home: her mom, sister and a furry-puppy-brother (and her Dad, who has now lives in heaven.) As a 2011 college graduate from Susquehanna University, with a degree in Creative Writing, writing novels has become a dream come true!

Tell me about your current Book:

When the King of Tränen turns his searching gaze to his daughter, the Princess Aurelia must find a way to escape his desires or else become his golden-haired wife.

Once Upon a Time…
In the Kingdom of Tränen, a King makes a promise to his dying wife to only remarry someone who has her golden hair. With time, the King finds his eyes are turned by his maturing daughter. Realizing her father’s intentions, Princess Aurelia tries to trick her Father by requesting impossible gifts: dresses created by the sun, moon and stars and a coat made of a thousand furs. When Aurelia discovers his success, she knows she must run away from her privileged life and escapes the kingdom disguised by the cloak and under a new name, “Allerleirauh.”

Aurelia enters the safe haven of the Kingdom of Saarland der Licht, where she is taken under the care of the handsome and gentle Prince Klaus. Hoping to not be discovered by her father’s courtiers, Aurelia tries to remain hidden under her new false identity. Unexpected love is found between Aurelia and Prince Klaus and is challenged with an approaching arranged marriage between the Kingdom of Saarland der Licht and a neighboring ruler. With the possibility of discovery hanging in the air, Aurelia must face the difficulties of her past with her father in her journey of self-discovery before the Prince and his entire Kingdom learns the truth of her real identity, and she looses him forever.

What are you working on now?

Currently, I’m working on a collection of personal essays. I’d really like to write a novel about my High School years / College years. For now, it’s just a way for me to release my thoughts and work through some of the traumatic events that have occurred recently.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?: My Desk. I like to just sit and focus. Though, there are times that I can get easily distracted and my desk counter-acts as a safe, quiet place to be. I love to write near water. There is something very relaxing in regards to lakes, ponds and oceans.

What is your favorite Website?

Since I’m trying to avoid mentioning the typical social media sites like Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram – I love to use this site: https://pixlr.com/express/ I’m not quite lucky enough to have my own Photoshop on my laptop, so this works for me. It’s one of the most used sites on my computer.

Links:

Email: cgadoury16@yahoo.com
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019O4UAN4
Blog: http://www.chantalgadoury.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chantalgadouryfans
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cgadoury16
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/cgadoury16

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having hosted me! :) "Allerleirauh" is on sale for 99 cents this weekend, so I hope any possible readers take the chance now to get a grab on it! :)

    ReplyDelete