Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday Tips: Write Daily

I am starting a new weekly feature: Tuesday Tips.

The oddest thing about writing tips is that writers hear them all the time and ignore them. Usually because they are hard like this one.

Write Every Day:

Don't wait for the muse or inspiration. Treat writing like a job, or brushing your teeth, or seat belts.

You do all those thing even when you don't want to do it. Treat writing the same way. It's a discipline. Not every day will be good writing. So what. You will find after a while that the Muse is attracted to discipline. Inspiration looks a lot like work.

Start a blog. Outline. Write scenes. Develop characters. Write a novel. Write short stories.

I write everyday after work. I get home before my wife, feed the cats, leave the TV off and do NOT open Facebook. I usually can write about 1500 to 2000 words. That is resulting in a novel published about every six months.

--I never get writers block so it's easy for me. I will tell you how in future tips!





No comments:

Post a Comment