Friday, April 15, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: EJ Fisch

Tell me about yourself, EJ?

EJ Fisch
I’ve been dabbling in writing for just about as long as I can remember, but I didn’t really start writing seriously until junior high and early high school. I began by “novelizing” events from a Star Wars role-playing game I was playing with friends; we had all created characters and we acted out this story via AOL instant messaging. Star Wars is what inspired my love for sci fi, and that game is what inspired my love of writing, so today I still write primarily sci fi. I’m also a huge fan of suspenseful, action-packed thrillers (I LOVE movies like the Bourne trilogy) so I often incorporate a little bit of the spy thriller genre into my work.

I was born and raised in southern Oregon and I love it here. When I’m not writing, I’m working at my day job as a data analyst in a local clinic (my degree is IT with a health information emphasis), and in the fall I’m an assistant volleyball coach at the high school I graduated from. Actually, I’m usually doing those things and writing. A writer is never not working. I wrote about 85% of my third novel while finishing up my last two terms of college, completing a senior project, and maintaining a high enough GPA to graduate with honors. It was a little exhausting, but definitely worth it. Working full-time makes it hard to get all the writing done that I want to do, but I’m still making progress.

Aside from being a writer, I’m an artist, a gamer, and a huge nerd. I’m also the World’s Biggest Introvert™ and value my down time. I love reading and spending time with my kitties and puppy.

Tell me about your current Book:

My most recent release is The Ziva Payvan Collection, an omnibus that contains all three books in my sci fi Ziva Payvan series, as well as exclusive character interviews and sneak peeks of my upcoming work.

When Haphezian assassin Ziva Payvan is forced to face the brother of a man she killed, she must also face the dark secrets from her past…or else the structure of the galaxy may be changed forever.

NOTHING IS EVER BLACK AND WHITE.

The distant world of Haphez is located on the edge of populated space. The planet’s native superhuman race is feared and respected by neighboring civilizations. Their military and police forces are unmatched.

Haphezian operative Ziva Payvan has spent most of her life being fashioned into a deadly weapon. Trained to fight and not feel, she focuses only on the mission at hand and never dwells in the past…a past that houses many secrets. But when those secrets start forcing their way back into her life, she begins to find herself in the unique position of needing to save lives rather than take them.

As Ziva and her ops team work in the shadows and struggle to survive, they find themselves pitted against the most personal and most deadly of enemies, enemies who threaten not only their own lives but the lives of everyone around them.

More information can be found on my website at www.ejfisch.com/collection.

What are you working on now?

I’m currently working on a short story starring one of the secondary characters from Nexus: Ziva Payvan Book 2 who was really popular among readers. My main project though is another full-length novel (well, two full-length novels – the story will be split into two parts) set in the Ziva Payvan universe, featuring several familiar characters and locations. I still have a lot of planning to do, but some of the major scenes are already starting to take shape.

What is your favorite beverage while you write?

Dr. Pepper. It’s pretty much my favorite beverage even when I’m not writing. I’m a filthy addict.

What is your favorite Website?

DeviantART and Pinterest. I love love love looking at sci fi concept art and futuristic architecture, and these two sites give me a lot of inspiration and really help me visualize elements in my stories.

Links:

Email: ejfisch930@gmail.com
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1PoZWTK
Blog: http://ejfisch.com/blog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EJ.Fisch/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ejfisch

No comments:

Post a Comment