Friday, July 14, 2017

The Fast Friday Interviews: Stephen Kozeniewski


Stephen Kozeniewski

Tell me about yourself, Stephen.

I'm a joker.  I'm a smoker.  I'm a midnight toker.  I play my music in the sun.  I'm a picker.  I'm a grinner.  I'm a lover and I'm a sinner.  I sure don't want to hurt no one.


Tell me about your current Book:

THE HEMATOPHAGES is a rip-roaring space adventure with two scoops of unfathomable horror.  It starts out on a satirical white collar spaceship that will hopefully remind you of wherever you work, that is, until they first cross paths with a band of mummy-like space pirates.  But the danger from piracy is only the tip of the iceberg as our heroes set out to salvage a derelict ship infested with a creeping, crawling menace that threatens the whole galaxy.

When a derelict spacecraft is discovered, a doctoral student must uncover the secret to the wreck, or else evil space lampreys will devour the human race.

If "Office Space" and "Alien" had a baby, that baby would wish it was a tenth as damn good as THE HEMATOPHAGES.


What are you working on now?

Right now I am working on three things.  First is final edits on a sequel to THE GHOUL ARCHIPELAGO.  The second is a haunted house or ghost story I haven't quite nailed down the specifics on, but I'm doing research.  Third is something that should be fairly interesting, a sort of take on "Dexter" or "The Sopranos" which examines the inner life of a secret policeman.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

I do enjoy being outside on the porch if the weather's nice.  That is a good place to write right there.

What is your favorite lesson you have learned about the business of writing?

Take care of people.  Writing may be a solitary act, but publishing is wholly social.

What is your favorite Website?

I'm casually addicted to theavclub.com.  It keeps me up-to-date on basically all pop culture, if only at a shallow level.  And then if you drill down I love that they do in-depth analyses on individual television shows and so forth.  And it's all with the signature snark of "The Onion" so it's not like I'm just ingesting boring data.


Links:

Email:  skozeniewski@yahoo.com
Amazon:  amazon.com/author/kozeniewski
Blog:  manuscriptsburn.blogspot.com
Facebook:  facebook.com/kozauthor
Twitter:  twitter.com/outfortune


No comments:

Post a Comment