Friday, July 28, 2017

The Fast Friday Interviews: Christy King

Christy King

Tell me about yourself?

I'm a slightly maladjusted rescuer of kittens, shining light in disasters, maker-upper of words, who believes pets are children and still doesn't understand how airplanes stay in the air or why huge boats can float. Maybe it's because I made a C in Physics. Never mind, because now I create and demolish entire worlds... Oh, wait -- yeah, I still need the Physics for that. Oh, well! Luckily there are magicians called "editors" and they are usually not judgmental.

Do I always forget to take sunscreen with me when I go out in the sun for the day? Yes. Do I look at a dog and wish he was a cat? Yes. Am I frightened of Christmas elves? Maybe. Am I a crazy cat lady? No. Really, I'm not, don't look at me like that. I only have three, and no, they don’t have their own Facebook page. What are you doing? Don’t look it up on Facebook. Hey!

Tell me about your current Book:

When lines of morality blur, a justice dealer must right all wrongs, or else those around her will either suffer or exact their own revenge.

Cameron James is a justice dealer whose targets know her as Avenging Angel. Unhappy with the decision of the court system? Dirty Deeds will balance the scales of justice, for the right price. However, Cameron soon learns that her illegal business dealings are the least of her concerns. With a best friend hiding secrets and her mentor declaring war on her, Cameron must navigate the worlds of Witness Protection and the human slave market. A single misstep plunges her into a supernatural miasma with eternal implications.

What are you working on now?

Right now, I am working on a series about demon hunters. Teenage Madison’s humdrum life is turned on its head when a strange man asks her even stranger questions, disappearing without explanations and leaving her with the ability to see other people’s souls, or lack thereof. Enticed into joining a group of supernatural demon hunters, she tries to stay alive long enough to complete her mission of thwarting the demons’ evil plans. The battle lines aren’t as clear as they should be, and betrayal lurks around every corner. Her newfound life of excitement may be the death of her.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

Are we talking reality or fiction? Because if wishes were fishes I'd never go hungry. Reality: On the couch at my house with a laptop. Fiction: A treehouse with a view of the Smokey Mountains and a lake.


What is your favorite lesson you have learned about the business of writing?

Have fun with it, no pressure. Do it for yourself, not anyone else, and certainly not for that weird guy down the street. Be a real person, don't set out to sell books. People will buy your books if you don't try to spam them -- just be an approachable person who doesn't talk about books all the time. How many times do you think I can say the word "book" in this same question? I could use "tome" instead -- nah, too pretentious.

What is your favorite Website?

At this time in my life, I am obsessed with Realtor.com because I'm about to sell my house and buy another one in a new city. I have always loved looking at houses for sale, even when I wasn't planning on moving. Trouble is, I find a house I love but since I'm not really ready to buy until my house sells, I get sad when someone else buys it. It's pretty much what happens as a writer, you get really excited about releasing a book and then check every hour to see if anyone has bought it the first week, then get sad when it isn't an instant bestseller.

Links:

Email: http://christy-king.com/contact-me.html
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Christy-King/e/B00GT2C6IM/
Blog: http://christy-king.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christykingauthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorChristyK
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7409852.Christy_King

No comments:

Post a Comment