Friday, January 20, 2017

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: J.D. Cunegan

J.D. Cunegan

Tell me about yourself, J.D.?

Behind the Badge is the third novel I’ve published (self-published through CreateSpace and Amazon’s KDP program), joining Bounty and Blood Ties (which are the first two novels in the Jill Andersen mystery series; Behind the Badge is the series’ third installment. I’ve also published the short story Boundless, a Kindle exclusive that serves as a prequel to Bounty. I am a 2006 graduate of Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Va.), where I earned a B.S. degree in Communication. My writing background includes novels, short stories, journalism, and media relations.

Tell me about your current Book:

When a 17-year-old boy is murdered on the outskirts of downtown Baltimore, homicide detective Jill Andersen figures this is a garden-variety homicide – until she discovers those who have the same badge she does are what’s standing in the way of justice.

For Jill Andersen, being part of the Baltimore Police Department has always been both a tremendous honor and a serious responsibility. Her father, before his fall from grace, had instilled in her a great respect for police and the work they do day-to-day. But when a teenage boy winds up dead on the outskirts of downtown Baltimore, Jill finds herself once again faced with those who would abuse their badges to fulfill personal agendas and uphold biases.

Jill still has a job to do, but she soon finds that not everyone is in her corner. For the first time in almost four years working Homicide, Jill finds herself at odds with people who claim to be on her side. From other cops to suits downtown all the way to the Mayor’s office, it becomes increasingly clear that Jill will need to rely on more than just her badge if she’s to solve this case.

But even if she finds justice, what’s the price?


Behind the Badge, the gripping, hard-hitting third novel in the Jill Andersen series (Bounty, Blood Ties), gives readers another taste of author J.D. Cunegan’s comic book-inspired brand of fast-paced prose, with chapters that fly by and plot twists that will leave readers constantly guessing and waiting for more.

What are you working on now?

My latest novel, Behind the Badge, is now available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon! Also find my first two novels, Bounty and Blood Ties, and the digital short Boundless on Amazon. Coming in mid-2017: Notna and Behind the Mask.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

Ideally, in the solitude of my room. I can write pretty much anywhere, but my best work happens when I’m in my room, surrounded by all of my other belongings.

What is your favorite Website?

Tumblr, because it lets me connect with like-minded people and sometimes inspires my work.

Links:

Email: bounty_email@yahoo.com
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/J.D.-Cunegan/e/B00YNTP4S2/
Blog: https://jdcuneganbooks.wordpress.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JDCunegan
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JD_Cunegan
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14050436.J_D_Cunegan

No comments:

Post a Comment