Friday, January 27, 2017

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Geetanjali Mukherjee

Geetanjali Mukherjee

Tell me about yourself, Geetanjali?

I have wanted to be a writer even since I was little and dreamed of seeing my books on the shelves of my local bookstore; but I only started writing seriously recently. So far I have published a few different non-fiction books – including a short biography of Hitler’s architect, the history of the negotiation of an international agreement on cluster munitions and a book on study skills based on scientific research. I am hoping to turn to fiction shortly, having written a draft of my first novel during Nanowrimo in 2015. I am currently based in sunny Singapore, and am lucky enough to write at a desk facing the sea.

Tell me about your current Book:

When a young boy and girl get back their grades, and realize that ack! they received that dreaded C-, and think they will never be able to improve their grades, or pursue the career of their dreams. Until, they come across a secret book full of incredible knowledge that can help them magically learn their lessons much faster, and opens them up to following any career path they choose. But will they be able to apply the lessons in time, or get waylaid by the obstacles in their path?
   
Do you wish you could get better grades? Do you struggle with certain subjects and believe that maybe you're not cut out for them? Do you want to spend less time studying and still get good grades?

Anyone Can Get An A+ is a conversational, down-to-earth guide for high school and college students on how to maximize their learning and get the grades they want. This book draws on research from the fields of psychology and neuroscience, and gives students practical advice that they can implement right away, to overcome procrastination, make the most of their study time and improve their grades significantly.

Who this book is for:

College students who want to learn how to juggle classes, extra-curricular activities, other activities and also have room for a social life, High school students struggling with the pressure to get good grades to get into college, pass standardized tests and be eligible for scholarships, Parents who are worried about how to help their children get better grades without overburdening them, Teachers who want to understand how to help their students learn more deeply while enjoying their lessons, Counselors and tutors who work directly with students, to better help motivate and inspire students to do their best, Anyone Can Get An A+ contains 39 tips on various aspects of studying and preparing for exams.

In this book, you will learn:
  • How best to prepare for exams
  • What is the top mistake most students make when doing exam preparation and how to avoid it
  • How to overcome procrastination and use your study time wisely
  • How to break down larger assignments into smaller chunks
  • How to write a paper painlessly
  • How to use small segments of time effectively
  • How to get help to understand difficult material
  • How to do well in a subject even if you hate it
  • How to improve your grades in quantitative subjects like mathematics
  • How to organize your time and study schedule
  • How to keep track of all your deadlines and school-related paperwork

What are you working on now?

I am revising one of my earlier books actually, with some updated research, and a new structure. For some reason I thought this would be a quick project, but it has dragged on for a while. I am also working on a book of humorous essays, based on my experiences as a foreign student in the UK.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

I don’t have one favorite place, it differs. My absolute favorite would be in a quiet, shaded picturesque English country garden, or a beautiful, old-worldly library with ornate desks and secret nooks. Since I don’t usually have access to either of these, I usually do well in a quiet environment, usually with a cup of coffee - it can be my living room, or my bed, or sometimes in one of the many local libraries nearby. Depending on the project, I sometimes write first drafts in a coffee shop, with a deliciously high calorie coffee drink.

What is your favorite Website?

I love interviews with creative professionals from all walks of life, and 99U is one of my favorite websites for inspiration - I love their insights into the working process of successful designers, architects, painters and a wide range of perspectives I would otherwise not come across. I also love reading the blogs of an eclectic group of indie authors, who inspire me to keep working on this crazy, but fulfilling path. I also love to listen to podcasts on a wide range of topics, so perhaps I should say iTunes?

Links:

Email: geetanjalimukherjee.author@gmail.com
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Geetanjali-Mukherjee/e/B00IJNQ0V8
Blog: http://geetanjalimukherjee.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/geetumuk
Twitter: http://twitter.com/geetumuk
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/geetumuk/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/geetumuk/
Goodreadshttp://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7885291.Geetanjali_Mukherjee



1 comment: