When ever you achieve a goal, reward yourself.
The bigger the reward the more likely you are to reach your goal. I know several people that do this in different ways. It is the carrot at the end of your goal.
- Go out and have a nice dinner with the spouse you've been ignoring.
- Buy yourself a gift. Like a high quality Pen. A new car. A small island. Flowers.
- Take a vacation. Get away from your computer. (with the spouse you've been ignoring)
- Pamper yourself with a massage.
- A new experience. Go somewhere new. Do something.
- Buy new sneakers. Puts a bounce in your step.
- Take a nap on the hammock.
You cannot reward yourself too often though. It will dilute the effect. I reward myself on two days.
- Completion of a first draft.
- Publication Day.