Friday, September 30, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Bryce Gibson

Bryce Gibson

Tell me about yourself?

I write Southern fiction that takes readers to charming and oftentimes sinister areas of The South.  I live in South Carolina with my wife and our dog. 

Aside from writing, I work full time on a scuppernong farm.

During my early teenage years I started writing stories that (I thought) were along the lines of the Point Horror books from back then.  I still have all of them.  They are handwritten on lined notebook paper that I stapled together.  I drew the covers and everything.  I’ve been posting them on my Facebook page.

Tell me about your current Book:

My new book, Perennials, is a YA Southern thriller/mystery/horror novel that takes place in rural South Carolina.

When it appears that a serial killer has struck close to home, Dusty Miller must learn who to trust, or else take the chance of losing everything.

Summer in South Carolina—a time of ripe peaches, crackling bonfires, trips to the lake, and the rural legend of a creature known as the Lizard Man.

This year, a very real monster is lurking about.

The victims all have one thing in common—they share their names with plants.

Soon it becomes apparent that seventeen-year-olds Dusty Miller and Nandina Bush may be next on the killer’s list.

What are you working on now?

I’m in the very early stages of starting to work on my next book.  It will be another YA mystery/thriller/horror novel.  This one will be set on a South Carolina hops farm. A lot of the action will take place in and around an old plantation house that has the legend of a werewolf attached to it.  I’m excited about getting it started.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

With the exception of the occasional change in location, I always write in my home office that faces the backyard.

What is your favorite Website?

The horror movie website, Bloody Disgusting.  It’s my online go-to for horror movie news.  

Links:

Email: BryceGibsonWriter@gmail.com
Amazon: Amazon.com/author/brycegibson
Blog: http://brycegibsonblog.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Bryce-Gibson-author-939733096111775
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BGibsonWriter
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bgibsonwriter/

1 comment: