Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Backups! Do it NOW!

How would you feel is your computer was stolen TODAY? What if it died. Remember it is not IF it will die, it's WHEN will it die.

How screwed would you be if you are an author like me?

For me, It doesn't matter because I keep cloud copies and backups. Automatic and manual.

Here is a little list of things you can do right now:
  1. Turn ON autosave. NOW!
  2. Email copies of your work to a Gmail.com account.
  3. Set up a cloud drive that syncs automatically
My daughter lost years of photos, and papers and music collected when a skylight failed in her townhouse right over her desk.

You will also have the added benefit of being able to work from any computer or location.

--Be serious about your IT duties. You can thank me later.



No comments:

Post a Comment