Sunday, February 2, 2014

Quotes of the Week

“We can destroy what we have written, but we cannot unwrite it.”
― Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange
 
“There is creative reading as well as creative writing.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.”
― Joan Didion

“That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.”
― Tim O'Brien

“Any writer worth his salt writes to please himself...It's a self-exploratory operation that is endless. An exorcism of not necessarily his demon, but of his divine discontent.”
― Harper Lee

“...there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness, too. That was writing.”
― Markus Zusak

No comments:

Post a Comment