Friday, April 14, 2017

The Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Heather Elizabeth King

Heather Elizabeth King

Tell me about yourself, Heather Elizabeth King!

I love books and I love scary stories. I inhale Stephen King. I also inhale indie author, Nicholas Sansbury Smith. He writes para-ops zombie books. Not very girly, but the books are fantastic. On TV I watch Supernatural, Stranger Things, and Midsomer Murders (which doesn’t have any monsters at all. Go figure). One of my favorite movies of all time is Poltergeist.

On the writing end of things, I started telling stories when I was a kid, at sleepovers. I’d make up stories and act them out for my friends. Eventually, a graduated to writing my first screenplay. I was about 12. And because I had a lot of time on my hands, I also wrote the soundtrack. I think it’s safe to say I was born to be a creative.

Tell me about your current Book.

Zoe Matthews, the Undead Ghost and the Demon is a supernatural mystery. Zoe is married to a lying, cheating, SOB. In my world, as happens to all lying, cheating, SOBs, he’s murdered. He shows up in Zoe’s bedroom as a ghost, trying to ask for help. When the daughter of a friend is charged with the murder, Zoe investigates.

When a serial philanderer is murdered, a somewhat saddened, estranged wife, Zoe Matthews, must find a killer, or else risk being haunted by the ghost of her cheating husband forever.

What do you do when the ghost of your murdered husband shows up in your house? If you’re Zoe Matthews, you don’t celebrate the fact that the philandering bastard is dead, you set out to find a killer and clear your name.
The list of suspects seems endless. Was it one of the nearly adolescent girls he’d been sleeping with behind Zoe’s back, a sinister friend who dabbles in black magic, a pair of clueless thugs on the hunt for a missing object they think Zoe has, a sexy and all too appealing celebrity artist new to town, or the stuffy town mayor?

Armed with her two best girlfriends, a ghost hunting sister, a meddling spirit who refuses to leave her loft, and plenty of tea, Zoe sets out to get to the bottom of Joe’s death. What she finds out on this journey into the supernatural leaves her changed forever.

What are you working on now?

I’m currently working on the follow up to the first Zoe Matthews book. This one has been fun so far. Like in the first book, the reader won’t be able tell if the villain is human or supernatural.

Where is your favorite place to be when you write?

I’m boring. I set up the front room in my house as a study. It has my small library or fiction and reference books, a big comfy chair to sit in, my treadmill, and my musical instruments. I guess it’s more of a creativity space than a study. The best thing is that the room a lot of windows. Lots and lots of windows.

What is your favorite lesson you have learned about the business of writing?
To write the story the way it wants to be told. Never force anything to happen. If it doesn’t feel natural, remove it. I have a separate file where I put deleted sections from books. After all, you never know when something may fit a different book.

What is your favorite Website?

Netflix! Scary movies at my fingertips!!

Links:

Email: heather@heatherelizabethking.com
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Heather-Elizabeth-King/e/B00OC1RCMW
Blog: https://heatherelizabethking.wordpress.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heatherelizabethkingauthor/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HeatherK_author
Website: www.heatherelizabethking.com  

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous smile for an amazing author and friend! Heather is one of the most talented, interesting individuals I have ever met!

    ReplyDelete