Friday, January 29, 2016

Fast Friday Indie Interviews: Shannon Peel

Shannon Peel

Tell me about you, Shannon.

Shannon Peel is a marketer and author living in South Surrey with her two teenagers, one of whom keeps her on her toes with adventures in bad decision making. She leads a boring existence living and working in a 10x10 cell called an apartment. She has made a couple of interesting friends at work, both of whom no one else can see. Life of an author is fraught with hazards, just this morning she burnt her tongue on a hot cup of coffee. You can find her tweeting at @thirteennovel or stalking people on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thiteen.shannon.peel. 

Yes Thirteen is spelled wrong and no she did not do that on purpose – This is why writers need editors. If you hurry you will probably find her complaining about the lack of a coffee boy and lack of a day job.

Tell me about your current Book:

When foreign soldiers invade the Vancouver area, a 13-year-old anti-establishmentarian must figure out how to get to his dad’s apartment, or else lose him forever.

Think the movie Red Dawn meets reality and hints at 1984 for future books in the series.

What are you working on now?  

Book 2. At least I am supposed to be working on the sequal, however, I seem to be distracted by promoting book 1, social media, looking for that coffee boy and day job I mentioned earlier. Oh yeah and we can’t forget bailing my son out every once in awhile all the while taking my daughter shopping to try and get her out of her solitary confinement cell called a bedroom.

What is your favorite beverage while you write? 

Coffee – is there anything else? I do own a lot of David’s Tea flavours, still, Coffee is numero uno in my world. Just need that damn coffee boy to make it for me and bring me a nice hot steaming mug every morning.

What is your favorite Website?

At the moment it seems to be linkedin, Monster, Indeed, as I try to find a marketing gig to pay the bills. Really if I had to pick something other than the obvious… Netflix. I don’t own a TV and I can’t afford the movies. Have you seen the price of a theatre ticket lately? Wowzers…. No wonder all the single men just want you to come over to watch Netflix and Chill… =O  Oh where have the gentlemen gone?

Links:

•    Email:  Thirteenreviews@gmail.com
•    Amazon:  Shannon Peel
•    Blog:  www.shannonpeelblog.com
•    Facebook: www.facebook.com/thiteen.shannon.peel
•    Twitter: www.twitter.com/thirteennovel
•    Website: www.shannonpeel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment