Saturday, August 16, 2014
When I opened Scrivener, the excellent tool I am using to write this thing, and received a message that an update was available for download and installation. I have updated like this dozens of times so I clicked ok.
Somehow the update failed.
When the program comes up, it gives me a scarey error message, it tells me to uninstall the program and reinstall.
No guts, no glory. Why not, I have backups.
I uninstall, download the current version, install it, open it up, got to the menu and I see a "Backup Link".
There is no "Restore" menu option.
I drink way more coffee before continuing. I tried several things that didn't work. More coffee was the only thing that worked.
I finally figured out that I needed to unzip the backup manually.
--It only took me an hour. Back to work!