Sunday, May 11, 2014

Quotes of theWeek

“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.”
― Ray Bradbury

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams

“Because today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing.”
― Philip K. Dick

“We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
― Tim Burton

“Sometimes I think I must have a Guardian Idiot. A little invisible spirit just behind my shoulder, looking out for me...only he's an imbecile.”
― Spider Robinson

“I guess I always felt even if the world came to an end, McDonald's would still be open.”
― Susan Beth Pfeffer

“How inappropriate to call this planet "Earth," when it is clearly "Ocean.”
― Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment